Friday, November 5, 2010

Weekends here!.....

Hello folks,

I hope that everyone's weekend is off to a better start than the lasts. I expect that most are over their illness and are getting back to normal. I mentioned in class today that I have been understanding about due dates for assignments this week due to the unique circumstances, however I want you all to note that starting next week we will be back to our regular programing. Take this weekend to get up to date. Here is what I am expecting for Monday.

History Presentation: the groups will be chosen through luck of the draw, so be prepared and ready to present on Monday. A reminder, I am expecting that most groups should have a primary source in their presentations, as we were given much extended time, both in class and at home!
Art: if you have any outstanding art assignment, it is now your responsibility to show up to homework club on Monday to get it completed. I am giving warning now, that I will be assessing students art portfolio in the near future, so please ensure all work is both completed and to the best of your ability. (I am not expecting everyone to be artists, but I do expect that you give your best effort.)
Religion: Anyone that is taking the weekend to complete their saint project, please ensure that it is submitted to me first thing Monday morning.

Math: We did not advance in math today so that everyone can get caught up. Monday, be ready to dive into the second half of the chapter.(histographs)
Language: Everyone should be working on some aspect of their newspaper project. You will have at least two work periods next week, but you must get ahead start over the weekend, otherwise you will simply not have enough time.
-Also, for those that are taking the weekend to finish up their bit strips, please ensure they are submitted first thing in the afternoon to the IN box. (Note: those that have been submitted so far are excellent!Way to go folks!)
Science: Science notebooks will be assessed at some point next week, so I suggest you take advantage of -the forewarning. Ensure all homework is complete and your notebook is neat.
-Today's homework: Read pgs. 37-39 and answer questions 1-5. If you missed the mini lab yesturday please complete at home (Try It, page 38).

Well I think that is it. Sorry for being long winded, but as I said I want to ensure that everyone is on the same page for Monday.

Have a great weekend! Looking forward to seeing you all on Monday and hearing these presentations!

Ohh! Be I forget. I also want to thank our group that presented our first literagy this morning. It was really very peaceful and beautiful! It was also a nice treat to have such an honoured guest in our class to take part.

That's it for me!

Ms. Swanek

No comments:

Post a Comment